Words Of Wisdom

A collection of quotations

– I have started that I think are relevant to life, love, happiness – and internet marketing.

“The quality of your life is determined by the quality of your questions”.

Okhams Razor.

In the original Latin: “Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora”

Translate into English: “Do not apply many things to a task that can be done with few.”

or as the US Marine Corp puts it: “Keep it simple, stupid.” This is a natural twin for the 80/20 rule which says that you will achieve 80% of the desired result from 20% of the work. It will take another 80% of work to achieve the remaining 20% of the desired result. The conclusion is: don’t bother seeking perfection – it’s not worth it.


“You have to worry about things you can do something about” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb, author of ‘Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in the Markets and in Life’ and ‘The Black Swan’ Think of split testing.  Find out what is not working as well as it could – then stop doing it!

“Learn to fail with pride – and do so fast and cleanly. Maximise trial and error – by mastering the error part.” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb. Think of split testing.

“You find peace by coming to terms with what you don’t know.” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb. Think: so what?

“Sh** happens. Find something else to do.” – Stephen Pierce

Or more politely: “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do”. -John Wooden

“You cannot perform in a manner inconsistent with the way you see yourself.” – Zig Ziglar, Success University

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ‘press on’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” – Calvin Coolidge, 30th President of the USA

“Just because something has not happened does not mean that it won’t.
Just because something has happened in the past does not mean it will happen again.
Therefore anything can happen at any time.” –
an anonymous geek.

Definition of an upgrade: Old bugs taken out – new bugs put in.

“Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want” – Anonymous

“Everything that can be invented has been invented” – Charles Duell, Director of the US Patent Office; 1899

“It’s better to be quotable than to be honest” – Tom Stoppard, The Guardian

“Hope is a pathological belief in the occurrence of the impossible”
– HL Mencken,  Sententiae

“He who laughs last laughs longest – Because he’s thought of a dirty meaning.”
–  Unknown

“If it changes colour, it’s chemistry. If it moves, it’s biology. If it doesn’t work, it’s physics”. – Unknown. Particularly appropriate when dealing with the internet and IT.

“This is the sort of English up with which I will not put”. –  Winston Churchill

“You can have everything in life you want if you’ll just help enough other people to get what they want!” – Zig Ziglar

“Success is neither magical or mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying basic fundamentals.” — Jim Rohn, Business Philosopher

“Nothing in life is to be feared.  It is only to be understood.” – Marie Curie 1867-1934

“The rich build networks, the poor look for work.” – Robert Kiyosaki

“Change is inevitable – except from a vending machine.” – Nigel Cook

“If a company takes its finger off the customer’s pulse, it will eventually fail”.  Sir Terry Leahy, CEO, Tesco – world’s 3rd largest retailer.

“The only way to know for sure what your computer will do when you press ‘Enter’ or an icon is to do it and see what happens.”  Professor of Quantum-Mechanical Engineering, MIT

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below

Leave a Comment: